Brides and grooms answer the question “what is marriage?”
April 18, 2012 § Leave a comment
Our company No Myth Marriages was at a Bridal Expo during the weekend, and we asked hundreds of brides and grooms to answer one of two questions: “what is marriage”? or “what does an ideal marriage look like”?
The answers are very interesting and cool… though I really hope some of these brides and grooms manage to get to some kind of pre-marriage course 🙂 I thought I would post them up because it’s interesting.
They are loosely grouped into similar ideas. About a third mentioned commitment, by far the most common response.
Here are the answers to: What is Marriage?
- Love & Commitment
- Love, commitment, trust and communication
- Life together, a commitment between two people to share life together
- Two soulmates commiting their lives to one another
- Marriage is when 2 people are in love and want a life together forever
- Love & commitment
- A lifetime!
- Promise to love and commitment
- A promise
- A lifetime commitment to one another “always and forever”
- Lifelong commitment to love one another
- A commitment to each other forever
- A promise and commitment
- Love, commitment & compromising
- A commitment to each other
- Love, commitment & togetherness
- A lifetime of love and commitment
- A life time commitment
- A lifetime shared
- Lifelong commitment & love
- A life shared, companionship
- Lifelong journey of communication and trust
- A relationship designed to nurture and encourage, built on trust. A promise to care for one another
- Trust and mutual attraction
- Relationship between 2 people with mutual interests based on trust and respect
- Sex every night
- Unconditional love and understanding (& caring & honesty)
- Unconditional giving / love from both sides
- Real love (not what’s in the movies – real life!)
- Spending the rest of my life with my soul mate, growing, learning, loving
- Love, happiness, being together as one, a new life
- Being with each other. Showing love
- Total complimentary completion
- Marriage is something both of you do
- Marriage is win win
- Compromise, listening, caring, loving
- Happy wife, happy life
- Being in love and wanting to share our lives together… truth, honesty, loyalty, being faithful etc
- Long term fun
- Marriage is commitment to each other and loving each other forever
- Love, happiness & respect. Friendship
- Trust, friendship, love
- Hard work
- 2 becoming one!
- Lots of laughs. Lots of love… and a few good “discussions” along the way!
- Getting to spend the rest of your life with the most amazing person you know
- A covenant made between two people, God and their families. Life long!
- Love, trust, commitment, honesty
- A life commitment
- The beginning of the best days of your life
- A friend for life
- Spending rest of life with best friend
- Between two people who want to spend a lifetime together
- A public display of your complete love for your partner
- Being able to spend time with your best friend and be completely yourself
I’ll put up the responses to the second question in another post.